Rules and Registration
for Free Puppy Playgroup
Thank you for joining us at You and Your Dog Training & Services. We are delighted to have you and your puppy join our playgroup. The following rules for puppy playgroup are to ensure the utmost enjoyment and safety for all puppy attendees:
- Proof of up to date, age appropriate, vaccinations. At 6-8 weeks of age Distemper, parvovirus. At 10-12 weeks of age
DHPP (vaccines for distemper, adenovirus [hepatitis], parainfluenza, and parvovirus). At 16-18 weeks DHPP and Rabies. If you take your dog to places other dogs congregate we strongly encourage the Bordatella vaccination as well. Please email a copy ahead of time.
- Puppy is under 5 months of age* and puppy appropriate.**
- Under normal times, families are encouraged to attend, with any person under the age of 8 years old needs a second adult. This has changed due to COVID-19. Only one person per dog is allowed in the room. Two handlers can attend from the same household two weeks after they are both fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and both need to self certify by signing page two of our COVID-19 Waiver of Liability attesting to this.
- Please do not touch other people's puppies without permission.
- If the puppies jump on you please ignore, many puppies are in training and their people appreciate other people ignoring jumping behavior.
- Do not grab puppies. Let the trainer guide the play!
- No treats or toys allowed out in the playgroup area.
- If your puppy is showing any signs of illness before playgroup please cancel your reserved spot online.
- Follow the trainer's instructions.
- Please understand that playgroup does not come without risks. Scientific research has shown that proper early socialization far exceeds the risks of injury or illness. Here is a link to the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior's position statement.
- Follow our COVID-19 safety protocol.
- Email your signed waivers BEFORE playgroup. Here is a link to our waivers and instructions for sending.
- Anyone who chooses to not follow the above rules may be asked to leave.
*On occasion we have a surrogate adult dog whom has been tested for puppy tolerance and appropriate puppy communication skills.
**Not all puppies enjoy puppy playgroup, if your puppy is showing repeated stress signs they may have to leave playgroup to minimize their stress level.