Take a deep breath. Ahhhh, Fall is on its way! Pretty soon we will be surrounded by shades of red, yellow, and orange, the smell of crisp leaves, and pumpkin spice EVERYTHING! As Summer fades and Fall approaches, you may be wondering how to take advantage of the season. Well, we have some great ideas for you! With the change in season, there are endless activities to do outside when the weather is cooler and animals are busy getting prepared for Winter.
Here are some of our favorite Fall activities:
· Decompression aka Sniffy Walks – go for a leisurely stroll and let your dog take the lead. Follow wherever the smells take them. Bonus points if you close your eyes and take in the smells too!
· Hop on a Rock – jump, climb, run, and weave with your dog on and around natural obstacles. There is no better way to exercise and enjoy the beauty of New Hampshire.
· A Special Leaf Pile – hide some of your dog’s favorite rewards in a leaf pile and join them in the search!
· Pumpkin Spice Lattes anyone? – Take your dog to your favorite dog-friendly café and enjoy a Pumpkin Spice Latte. All dogs deserve a pupaccino!
· Fall Spa – sit outside and spend some time brushing your dog or giving them a dog massage. An added bonus is that the fur will be outside and not on your couch.
· Take a Hike! – Try out a new dog-friendly trail and enjoy the fall foliage. Don’t forget to wear your hunter orange (for both humans and dogs)!